Bliss Energy Balls
“Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are.” Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
Looking for a wholesome snack to keep you satisfied and energized? Grab a no-bake BLISS BALL! Also known as energy bites, they are easy to prepare, store well and are portable.
Bliss Balls are made from whole foods, both gluten and dairy free and a form of plant-based protein. Protein is a slow-releasing, long-lasting source of energy that not only curbs your hunger but also helps keep you feeling full which supports healthy weight management.
Eating Healthy Fats which are found in cashews and pecans can help lower some of the many risks associated with heart disease including high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity. Cashews and pecans are also believed to have beneficial effects on oxidative stress levels, inflammation and bone health.
Soluble Fiber can be found in dates which act as a natural constipation relief remedy.
• ½ cup Pecans
• 1 cup Toasted Cashews
• 15 Medjool Dates
• 1 scoop Protein Powder (optional)
• 1 TBSP Honey
• ½ cup Dried Apricots cut into small pieces
1. Toast Cashews as desired in oven or stove top, until lightly brown and oils are releasing
2. In food processor, pulse dates, pecans and cashews together until it forms a paste
3. Add honey and protein powder, pulse again
4. Place mixture in a bowl and add apricots
5. Wet hands to form bliss balls
6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before eating
ENJOY! Makes 12 – 15 balls
Carbs: 28 grams
Fat: 10 grams
Protein: (with powder) 6 grams
Sugar: 21 grams