Apple Spice Cookies
1½ cups Spelt Flour or PC Gluten Free Flour
½ cup Old-Fashioned Oats
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
¼ tsp Ground Allspice
½ cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
1 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
1 Egg, Beaten
2 cup Grated Apple (About 2 med)
1 cup Raisins
1 cup Sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray two cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
- Mix the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and spices together.
- Cream the butter with the brown sugar and the egg.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture and add the apple, raisins and sunflower seeds.
- Drop the mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Makes 24 cookies