12 Days of Fitmas
- Get inspired for the New Year. Set your goal now!
- “Let it go!” The year is near over. Be proud of your accomplishments and focus on the new commitment you have made to a lifetime of fitness and health.
- Make time for yourself. Try something new or do something you love to do.
- Be mindful and “in the moment.” Count and enjoy the blessings that surround you.
- Perform resistance training two times a week. Do as little as two sets of 15 reps of four total body exercises: squat with shoulder press, push up with mountain climber knees, dead lift with back row, and side plank.
- Perform cardio exercises two times a week. Do as little as 20 minutes of walking, jogging, stair climbing or even DANCING!
- Eat regular meals throughout the holidays. This will help to limit binging and over-eating.
- Drink 2 glasses of water before every festive meal.
- Make sure to fill your plate with half veggies, one-quarter proteins and one-quarter starches.
- Moderate alcohol intake to no more than one glass per day.
- Limit consumption of simple sugars such as sweets, pop, candy and chocolates.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff! Take a moment and take a deep breath. Stress is always present in our lives, but it’s our attitudes on how we deal with the stress that can make all the difference!
Remember that maintenance over the holidays is key to your success. It is much easier to stay on track instead of getting lost and having to start all over again! Always be true and kind to yourself. You deserve it!