Spring is HERE…welcome new beginnings!
As the days become longer and brighter, nature is entering a cycle of renewal, growth and expansion. So does the energy within us. May spring allow you the opportunity to shed old unwanted layers and make a conscious choice to begin again? Here are some ideas to breathe some fresh air into your fitness and wellness lifestyle!
• Move More: Start tracking your steps or commit to exercising a minimum of 30 minutes every day.
• Connect With Wellness Community: Sign up for fitness classes with friends, or learn a new skill like yoga, weight training, or biking. Joining a like-minded community helps us live longer, be happier and makes exercise more fun.
• Spend Time in Nature: Walk or meditate outdoors on your work breaks. Nature draws us out of negative thought loops and reduces depression. Being in contact with soil increases serotonin which helps recharge the brain, and the sun offers a healthy dose of Vitamin D. It has also recently been discovered that breathing in nature and woodlands helps restore healthy gut bacteria.
• Cultivate Family Connection: Spend quality time with your family discovering new hiking trails, on bike rides and eating meals together. Close and quality relationships more than money or fame, are what keep people happy throughout their lives. Strong family ties protect us from life’s discontents, help to delay mental and physical decline, and are better predictors of long and happy lives than social class, IQ or even genes.
• Clean Out Your Pantry and Refrigerator: Spring is a great time to restock nutritious foods. Having healthy grains, nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables on hand helps eliminate poor food choices and last minute spending on take out.
• Purify Your Insides Too: Spring is a great season to detox the body. Cleanses are great way to reset the digestive system. HealthStyles can help you find an option to suit your personal needs.
• Enhance Flexibility and Stress Management Skills: Incorporate a daily yoga or meditation practice. As little as 5 minutes a day of checking-in can go a long way.
• Re-establish Healthy Sleep Hygiene: According to the National Sleep Foundation an adult needs 7-9 hours of sleep for optimal health. There are still a few spots left for HealthStyles Sleep Well Workshop on Friday April 27th.
Wishing you many blessing as you ground, center, and connect with the unfolding of this new season.
From my heart to yours,
Tina and HealthStyles Team!